And the winner is: cloudgathererholdmedown !!!!!
Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get shipping squared away!
Thanks to everyone who entered here and on IG.
I've always been insatiable for some Grand Answer for everything in life.
For the book that makes everything finally make sense,
all the glory and the horror of this earthly experience,
all the mysteries of what lies beyond the last breath we'll take.
I have not found one, which doesn't panic me the way I thought it might.
It's simply a game of waiting and seeing,
of knowing that things either work out or they don't.
That people stay in your life or the thread unravels.
That desires give way to a million impasses
and the years are shocking in their speed
and your own aging face is at once tender
I am learning that there are some things that can be embraced to carve out a meaningful
and enjoyable time here on earth, and these bits and bobs have taken years to unearth.
Years to find the key that unlocks the door.
Years to turn the dirt
Years to plant the seeds.
Creating a sustainable joy,
living from a place that is more than merely just a constant response to stimuli…
That has been my secret garden,
planted and sown while living
and the miraculous
Here is my magic spell for Good Life:
1. Be curious long after it's acceptable.
2. Love every single one of your thoughts, no matter how dark, no matter how fleeting. Then let them go.
3. Find your people and tend to them. Let them tend to you.
4. If someone wants to speak only of dramas or secrets with you, know that your involvement will only lead to sadness. For everyone involved.
5. Pause before you let your emotions run wild: the tide turns whether or not we fight it.
6. Make space for spacious thinking: sketchbooks, coffee, meditation.
7. Let an animal into your heart. Yes, it will hurt when they go.
8. Do things that make your heart race in a good way.
9. Grieve properly.
10. Be grateful.
11. Have a truly intimate relationship with whatever you perceive as divine.
12. Knuckle down.
14. Be of service
I am taking a small break -
in the meanwhile I would like to gift these beautiful earrings to a reader:
leave a comment here or on my Instagram
and one lovely line will be randomly chosen.
In your comment, tell me one of your secrets of life.
I am always excited to learn how others live their very best selves.
A winner will be chosen on December 8th.
Good luck and thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here
all these years, or even just today for the first time.