Friday, February 19, 2016

I Can Breathe Here


Slowly but even more surely I have been unkinking the fears that stop me from living.
Avoidance of wild spaces.
All the 'what ifs' that too much city life and too much media
provide.


Simply taking a hike on my own feels like an act of defiance.
It also feels like actually touching life again, like being a child.
I watched winged things playing in the breeze,
heard a choir of birdsong in live oak.
There was no one to share it with
but I thought of my tall tromping Kelly and knew she'd appreciate
how low the turkey vulture flew over the trail.
That wonderful rustling sound!


I thought of O and how in gathering my courage,
 a less fearful mama would change his view of the world
for the better.
That it's okay, it's all okay.


Construction began this morning on my studio.
What was previously an uninsulated garage with no ceiling will be a gorgeous space
for me to expand SunnyRising,
complete with can lights and a Vent A Fume exhaust system.
A new four foot window.
Warm blue walls.

In about three weeks I'll give you a tour!

xoxo,
Sunny


1 comment:

lynn bowes said...

This is a time of eclipses, you know. Of endings and illuminating corners in the dark that were previously unknown to us; of intuitive beginnings, left brain will be happy to know, if we are open to them and not so quick to turn them away. Lots of shifting so just be mindful (as I am sure you are) and expect to see what was unseen before. I am reminded of how I sit in meditative yoga poses with my hands and chest open and I know that's how all things new will come to me. You already know it, too.

Beautiful spaces :: lynn