Sunday, September 14, 2014

Scarab Chrysoprase Saddle Ring


Something sacred


Refreshing luminous green chrysoprase for your heart
.


Ancient Legend has it that the scarab beetle rolled the sun across the sky.
I made this hammer-engraved insect
to roll the heavy rock from in front of your heart
tirelessly.
Daily
.


So you can open your chest bright and wide
and shine your prodigious light
.


Because the world needs it
(that lovely light)
(your powerful heart)
so badly
now
and always
.

Fits a size 8.75 finger
.

In the Metal Shop later today
.

xoxo,
Sunny


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, what an unusual beauty!
Your create treasures, Sunny.
I am lucky to own a pair of your earrings, and I get compliments on them wherever I go.

cloudgathererholdmedown said...

absolutely beautiful..the ring itself and the intention behind it's creation.

I adore the mythology of the scarab and never take mine off..it sits high on my chest, just below the joining of my clavicle ;)