Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ghost Ferns


Even in your absence I catch myself looking for you,
smelling your woolen cologne
your perfume
your fur and finery…

There is a piece of you in everything I do, somehow
a presence that permeates all;


a ghost




Remember how you kept us up nights?
Your incessant rascal nature?
I hear it in the raucous laughter of teenage girls passing the house
in the mournful howl of the four a.m. transient
harsh and loud
a soundtrack to the daily thousand goodbyes and greetings.

I rise halfway from my chair
becoming the Me of four years prior
before I catch the chain again
before the machine resumes its perfect function….



It must sound strange for all the rattle
but I am comforted by the astral proximity
Glad for the company
Here
Certain that you must delight the baby
because I know the veil is thin for him;
When he laughs and grasps at nothing I sense arrival.



You blessed me 
Made me feel lucky and chosen
always.



It is warm tonight
The peepers have started their late summer calling
they beckon me to the yard
where I stand under the stars looking up
and though you wind about my chest
ethereal and healthy

I miss the subtle caress in my heavy hope and whisper skyward,

"Wait for me
Wait for me
Wait for me."
.
.
.




Ghost fern trio of belt buckles:
soft and hard
sumptuous and earthy.

5 inches by 3.25 inches to the edge of the triple-scalloped demi-wings.

In the 


today.





5 comments:

Sybil Ann said...

Beautiful. How they touch our very souls.

mairedodd said...

poetry to the eyes and ears - so very beautifully done...

Cat said...


holding these word close today

your creations are stunning

weren't you supposed to be on a break?
I 'm just sayen' ; )

♥♥♥
love and light

Allisunny S. said...

Thank you all :)

Cat, my hands itch if I cannot make: I've cut waaaay back ;) xoxoxo

Cat said...

Beauty. Reading your words, I am filled with gratitude for your honesty and talent for sharing.