Friday, November 21, 2014

A Life Most Ordinary. Plus Some Magic.




Kingman Turquoise Ginkgo Maidenhair Lace Lichen Magic Spells. An earful!!!!






Variscite Feather Magic Spells. Pepper Flower. Fern Inverse Chevron.






Odd Woman In Trinity, Kingman Turquoise Edition. Jacaranda frond. Pepper Flower.




Lavender and Dried Grass Magic Spells.






Three Leaf Clover Necklace


Of all the kinda opulent beauty that came out of the studio these last few weeks, I am most taken with the three leaf clover necklace.

It reminds me of my twenties, of the years where I yearned to be a four leaf clover,
to be seen and acknowledged and celebrated.

I didn't realize those wants came from a place that hurt.
I thought they were just fine, just ambition.
They are very normal thoughts, and I was a very normal kid for having them.


As the years have flown I've had both peak experiences and extraordinary chances and I have enjoyed them all, every one.

A few days ago, though, I was in the back yard of our little cottage and I spied patches of clover.
I ran my hands across those little vital bits
and thought of my twenty-something self,
and I thought of this ordinary day
with my son
in the yard
and how it is the result of miracles
and magic.

I thought of how it would feel to tell the seeker of the four-leaf-life
that she would find 99% of her joys from simple daily
things:
the wash of pink across the dawning sky
the laughter of her son
the fall of her hammer as she made beauty
the sip of coffee alone in a still house
holding a quiet man's hand at dinner
whipped cream
two cats on a lap in the winter
etc


I'd like to think she'd put aside her seeking for a minute
and look at the magnificence of what IS
and find it suffices
and even nourishes
her soul
.


All of these lovely pieces will be in the

Metal Shop

shortly.

xoxo,
Sunny

2 comments:

Sybil Ann said...

Now you hit true with your hammer with this one fo sho, beautiful.

cloudgathererholdmedown said...

such absolute beauty in both the images and you words