Monday, October 8, 2007

Trunkt Rating




So I am on Trunkt. I think it's awesome. It's beautiful, I drool over people's work and have felt some great comraderie. They do, however, have a rating system where you can see what people rated your work. Right now I have an 8.2 out of 10 from 5 total buyers ( or sellers, not sure if they have different sections ) and I really, really don't want to know that.

I would rather not know what people think of my work, other than that they buy it or don't. Feedback is always lovely, and I have had some of the best ideas and most gentle criticisms come from friends, family and associates on Etsy.
Thank goodness for that. But this rating thing, it serves no earthly purpose for me other than to make me wonder who just gave me a poor rating since it was at 8.75 yesterday.
It just feels strange. I bet it works great for a heck of a lot of people, but without any reasoning or human interaction to back it up, I don't want to read the numeric equivilent of people's opinions.
If someone could write to me and say, "Sweetie, I just don't like your aesthetic and here's why" I would at leasy know the reason behind the rating. And I would be comforted. "Everything ain't for everybody", says Jill Scott. I don't expect my work to be loved by the majority. As it stands, I just see my Trunkt shop looking like a ship listing towards the waves, and that makes me feel like a lonely third grader walking home from school alone on the last day of fall.
**Somewhere a violin plays for me ** ;)

No comments: