Monday, April 21, 2008

Delicate Excavation





I was given the most spectacular, emotional task by a dear customer overseas: could I take the collar of their beloved Greyhound named Katie ( who passed away ) and make some keepsakes for her children?

Of course the answer was yes.

It has been a delicate job, and inside the buckle area I even found some of Katie's hair, which I have put into a small corked bottle for her family. Having grown up in a family that always had at least ten cats, I wish I had more than memories: I wish I had something I could touch, and I am so honored to be a part of something so precious.

There is now a very wondrous cuff and soon a key fob. And something special for my dear friend who made the requests.


2 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

...these are for the lovely Suzanne aren't they:)

Allisunny S. said...

most certainly :)