Thursday, May 29, 2008

On Arkansas, Cats and Cameras

Packing for Arkansas I left out one thing: our Nikon. Upon on arrival home my only regret about our fantastic trip was the lack of pictoral evidence to back it up: that makes for a relatively photo-less post to recap what turned out to be a very important and geographically gorgeous trip. Arkansas is beautiful, and the people are warm and inviting. I feel so lucky to have an experience that validated my belief in the innate goodness of mankind.

Our dearest friends looked after our cats and noted ( and cleaned -- thanks, Lordee!! ) a few masses of vomit. When we got back there was more -- it is Jones, and if he throws up again tonight we are taking him to the vet tomorrow. I hate to think of anything being wrong with my sweetest clown, but if there is, we will confer as a family and handle it.



He's still acting completely normal. Except for the night we came back: he curled onto my pillow with me, facing me as we slept through the night. It's only odd because he's normally sleeping at my feet. And never through the night. I am crossing my fingers.

Tomorrow I am going to share a new treasure with you -- an unexpected gift from the Ozarks and history ( and Grandma Kelly ) to me :)

No comments: