Monday, June 2, 2008

The Realization of a Big, Big Hope



Back before last year I always dreamed of boulder opals in leather. Set in somehow, and I had no idea how I would ever make it happen. It's one of those moments today where I simply look back and wonder how all the little moments happened: the collection of learning and wanting and wishing and realizing: it's a huge feeling.

And oddly enough, I know there will be a moment of fallout: sometimes when you realize a long-held goal, there is a moment of emptiness, one which I normally respond to with fear and some tears. May this time be different, may I simply rest and relax and take time to smell the jacaranda trees. Not that they smell, but you know what I mean, surely.

3 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

Three words will suffice:

Ooh
la
la.


XO

Anonymous said...

Wow. . .just wow. That is the amazingly cool thing I've ever seen.

jordan said...

mmm. i'm pretty happy about this cuff. i like it a lot!!g