Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fly Away Home

It's been way too long since I have made a sterling peacock feather - I had to remedy that yesterday:


The prescription will be in The Metal Shop today!

A short note on leather: you may notice there has been such a small amount of pieces going into the shop: I have been working my way through a small mountain of custom orders and making bigger things, like clutches and bags:

I will no longer be taking custom orders in the leather shop effective immediately, and the same goes for the metal: there is simply not enough of me for all of everything and I have to honor my tired arms and my desire to make what is purely coming to mind:

like this: a super long clutch (15 inches) featuring two wings, an inlaid cabochon, soft cotton lining and a removable strap. 
Holy Lord of the Dance!!!!

xoxoxoxox,
Allison

3 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

You must rest your tired arms...frankly, I don't know how you work with leather! And your peacock feather is dashing! : )

xx

Amanda said...

Glad to see more feathers in the metal shop! Lovely work!

jaunebleu said...

Your leather work is absolutely stunning! You must save those talented hands for future creations. Though I do greatly desire a custom cuff, I must learn patience and respect the time of rest.
Currently a left-handed designer, the right hand in a sling :) too much work