Monday, November 12, 2012

Pelican with Labradorite and Citrine, # 2 in the Protector Series


RESERVED

With the bull elephant safely in the hands of his intended, it was time to work on the second of the protector series.
When I asked my Facebook readers for beasties 
a dear friend asked for a Pelican.

They'd already been on the brain when my dear Laurie Brown came to visit:
she said they were dying by the hundreds from lack of food.
My heart ached.

With this series I donate a percentage of the necklace sale to a charity that cares for the animal, bird or insect honored on the enamel.

For the Bull I 'adopted' a pygmy elephant in Africa through
WWF.



I am still shopping for a Pelican-centric charity: suggestions welcome!


It's easy to forget how meditative it can be to string small beads on sterling wire.
There was a lot of breathing deep, a lot of prayers and intentions set for this special necklace


and a very luxe teardrop of microfaceted citrine to hang over the heart chakra.


This particular portrait was fired many times to get the depth of color not just from paint, but from the marriage of translucent and opaque enamels.
The watercolors were dancing on the brush with this one...pure magic.

It is open for reserve


at your leisure.

xoxo,
Sunny


2 comments:

Valerie Brown said...

You're a woman after my own heart, Allison. I would suggest an organization local to you that rehabs pelicans. I just did a very basic search and came up with a few.

Allisunny S. said...

Thanks, Valerie!! That's what I've been doing, too - great minds ;) They're such magnificent birds!!! xoxo