Thursday, April 3, 2014

Joyful Joyful


Ear Candy Bliss Magic Spell Earrings in Fern

My world is lit with bliss this week.
Tired tired bliss, but once that spark flies it cannot be dimmed,
no matter the shadows under your eyes. 



This kind of deep happiness acts like those magic paint brush coloring books we had as kids,
where a blank white page is replaced with washes of color with a single watery pass.

It seeps into everything, this wave of color.
Into my cooking.
Into my mothering.
Into my work.


My sister came to visit from Minneapolis last week
and she refilled empty wells and just having her here to witness
Orion's life and our little family's haven
was enough.

We ran and shopped and laughed and talked frankly about cycles of life and death and the unlikely way we turned out being practically twins after a childhood that saw us being so different we were practically polar opposites.
Will wonders never cease!

When she leaves California the void of her absence is so strong, like a mental gravity.
This time instead of sinking sad-ward for days I wiped the tears as I drove from the airport
and went straight to the gym for an epic leg day.


Peach Blossom Earrings with Vintage Coral and Sterling Blooms

I just couldn't shake the tremendous love that Julie gifted us.
Couldn't feel sorry for myself that she had to go home.
Still can't.
In some weird and wonderful way she's still here.


So here I am with a candled chalice for a heart,
the weariest I've ever been and surely the most rewarded.


.


Singular Magic Spell Earring in Drusy, chrysoprase and coral. Sterling Hydrangea Petal.

I relished every second of working in the studio this week
and dug into a good rhythm quickly,
remembering to stop and step into the garden
to watch the plants' progress,
to take breaks and be kind.
.


While the plants grow, tender green and tiny, the squirrels are enjoying them, too.
I fear I may not have much of a garden left when they've had their fill
and I am looking into humane ways to discourage them.

Orion and I are out there a whole lot, 'diggin' in da DUT!' as he would say
enthusiastically.


We love to walk the perimeter of the big back yard and notice what's changed, smell the flowers
and watch the potato bugs cross the pavement.


Things are blooming.


Boys are growing.
One boy in particular is growing tall and tender and strong.
He hugs us now, and kisses cheeks
and gives love so generously.


He is the center from which all the spokes of my life spin these days.

.

I worship this season, this experience of
tantrums
tears
dark circles
laughter
belly tickles
sharing
baking
snuggling
reading
repeating
hugging
reassuring
exploring
playing
and
finding my heart wrapped around a dimpled finger
with all my mighty might.

The sweet fruits of this Wonder Week will be in the 


tomorrow.

With love,
Sunny

No comments: