Thursday, January 14, 2010

Saving Grace

I am working.

There are custom orders I am completing and a bevy of rings and necklaces I am currently in the middle of making, but mostly I am working at something different in my life right now.

I am toiling in the field of my spirit, working at strengthening my sails.
Yoga.
Cooking.
Painting - and soon I will be incorporating gold leaf into my latest canvas, based on the bird skull I found at the beach - GOLD LEAF!!!!

I am studying failure, opening doors that I can only reach through rough passages of emotion and thought.
I am mining my resources for the great strengths I know are in there, somewhere, feeling underused and undervalued.

This body and mind are working through ideas that are new to me:
incorporating death into my work
Getting outside the box I've made into a new place whose atmosphere I am still adjusting to.

I have a feeling that February will be an explosion of design and inspiration after I meet Jillian for some Stone Shopping and much needed girly-sleepover time at the Tucson Gem and Mineral show.
I will pass through Los Angeles and see my friends
Drive through Redlands and stay the night with my peoples...
Rinse and repeat.

For now, though, January is something different: a grand pause, a re-wiring of something kind of broken...
I wish there were better words
but for now it is just this moment, this place and a studio that is calling out to be used.

Love,
Allison

9 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

Your words are just right, and your plans, totally divine! You are making me want to do up dog right this moment...but perhaps tomorrow night.

XOX

Runs4fun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susie said...

Your words are always eloquent - a lesson to us all, a reminder that we need to recharge and redirect. Wishing you the best.

AppaloosaMoon said...

...so precious is this moment...that we have...thank you for being...in it.

Good Girls Studio said...

Can't wait to see the GOLD LEAF :)

Keep the faith, hope you find what you're looking for! It's taken me several do-overs already this year but I've finally got one foot in front of the other...well, today anyway!

PS: I lost my CD of yours for over 6 months & found it today! It was like Christmas all over again! :)

The Noisy Plume said...

...you bend
like leather.




:)

gallerydarrow said...

I just got back from Quartzite , Allison. WHEW, sensory overload! I'm thinking about hitting Tucson too. Can't get enough of that beautiful stuff.

Hope you guys have a fun trip.

Emily L. said...

"I am studying failure, opening doors that I can only reach through rough passages of emotion and thought.
I am mining my resources for the great strengths I know are in there, somewhere, feeling underused and undervalued."

Lady, did you take a look into my head yesterday? It's eerie how your words echoed my own...

Keep recharging, reaching down, stretching your body and soul.

UmberDove said...

I am encouraged.


DIgging deeper is ever muddy, sweaty work but the time of work will ABSOLUTELY reveal an even wider vein of pure gold. Keep breathing.


ALSO: Joy arrived yesterday at precisely the very moment I needed it most. I quickly slung it around my neck and felt it warm up on my skin. I kept touching it all night and remember to be. Thank you so much, miss. It's exactly the mantra I need to wear right now.