Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Built from Scratch


All the elements, made by me (except commercial chain!), all stones cabbed by me.... man, I feel like a WOMAN!

Let's go into details, shall we?


This is a wee Coyamito Agate, with an opaque light caramel center and banding reminiscent of cinnamon and persimmon... orange, tan, simple and elegant.

My signature swinging bail has a tiny twig and leaf bouquet: this piece is entitled "Ahh" and has that word along with a few hammered granules of sterling on the back.

Doesn't it feel like relaxation just looking at it?

This is the collector Laguna Agate cab I created last week and I KNEW it was going to turn out to be a doozy when I set it. I blended the swing bail and a simple jump ring setting for an asymmetrical treat.

This is heirloom stuff, thick and heavy silver with a stone the likes of which I may not see again - what a wonder!!

The chain is patterned cable, left oxidized for contrast and a bit of operatic drama!

All of my vine designs are an offshoot of this amazing new phase of my life: plants I purchase are surviving and even thriving in my studio, on my porch and in my belly (basil, parsley, spearmint, sage, lavender, lemon balm and peppermint) - I couldn't be happier with this turn of events, as a reformed black thumb.

Seriously, I had a knack for house plant homicide.

Look: even my string of pearls is sprouting!!

Start to Finish pieces will be in the Metal Shop shortly!!

4 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

That agate is stunning, and the other so soothing...I am glad plants are safe with you now : )

xx

Allisunny S. said...

MLJ: Me too, my dear!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Man, those are gorgeous! I love the swinging bails, and the Laguna agate is just amazing.

susie said...

Woman, you rock! (I so can't pass up the opportunity for a pun, no matter how lame it is, sorry). That laguna is amazing, really love all the details. Just beautiful.

p.s. I just planted a string of pearls by our kitchen sink, love them.