Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eureka!!!

My time in the Lapidary Shop in Shoup Park last night proved fruitful in a way I cannot even begin to describe:
I finally GOT it:
the feel of the cab in my hand on the wheel
I understood what the rocking was for
how the dome feels when it's getting to be just right...
it was magic

and

it yielded an orphan ring: what you see above is a piece of pristine Queensland Agate from Australia cut, ground and polished by ME!!!
Set in a garden of hammered granules and pierced tendrils, partnered by a piece of gorgeous blonde calcite, which I did not cab...
this, of course, is the ring top in its raw form with the stones just gently sitting in their cradles: the band has not been made yet because I am waiting for YOU to tell me it's yours:
first convo will be the owner, made in your size.

I'll edit here when the woman who owns this baby contacts me!

UPDATE: It has been snagged!! :)
xoxoxo

Secondly, this unreal piece of Sonora Sunrise was re-cabbed by me yesterday, having purchased it in Quartzite with a completely unfinished, scratchy top and chipped sides.

It is now utterly perfectly divine. Smooth.
Happy.

Lapidary is opening up a part of my soul I have longed to reconnect with: when I work on the wheel or on my flat lap I am again a 7 year old kid in Mrs. Mayer's art class; free, unbound and ready to get messy...

then it was paste
glue
and paper bits

now it is a soft layer of silt that covers my hands driving home
and a wet belly from where I got too excited to put on an apron.

To hug you right now would be the only way to show you my joy in its true form:
I am a kid again.

Hallelujah :)

xoxoxoxox,
Allison



5 comments:

Nialah said...

Ohhh sunshine ring. I would love to be the lucky one who gets to own it.

xoxo

Michele

UmberDove said...

mmnnMMMmmnnn, delicious!

tattooedblogger said...

Very interested in that piece of Sonora...

Allisunny S. said...

Nialah: :) xoxoxoxox

Umber: for real. I am tempted to try and taste the rainbow!

Delia: convo me, lady :) !!

she said...

oh my goodness. the combination of those warm, citrusy stones seem to speak the name "sunny rising" quite melodically. just beautiful.