Friday, July 9, 2010

Houseguest #3, Cavities, Stones from the GODS

Dearest friends,

Your words lifted my heart the highest spheres the other day: thank you for being there with me through both my moments of high joy and the moments that leave stingers in your honey.
That is what friendship is; what community really is.
With you I never feel alone: I hope you can feel my gratitude.

I poured tremendous love into the cabbing of a MASSIVE collector's laguna agate. When set, this stone will rule the world.

There is a rainbow in there, a lovely rainbow. Greens, pinks, layers of red and grey and a gemmy yellow clear agate over a petal pink bubble....sigh. Too beautiful!!

Ed, if you're reading this, I hope you are proud: your mentoring rings in my head as I work.

My dearest friend Annie is here from Pittsburgh, PA for the next four days and we've been having such a wonderful time together: she is one of those friends I refer to as "rubberband friends", because no matter how long the distance you never lose that wonderful connection.

Going on twenty year loving her now :)

Today I had my first cavities drilled and filled: somehow I made it through thirty two years without one: now I find myself recovering from the strange feeling of novocain.

Jittery.

Sending you tons of best wishes for a wonderful weekend: we are off to Petaluma tomorrow and SF the next day!

xoxoxoxoxox,
Allison


5 comments:

Andrea said...

It's the jam!
Feel better...
xo

tattooedblogger said...

So good to have rubberband friends..I love mine. Hope the jitters die down and you girls have a great time..Delia

jaunebleu said...

Allison, wow!

You have cut a rainbow candy of a cab! Delicious! :)

Naomi Mimi said...

a verse for you:

forever stretching

reaching

you remember the taste of summers long gone
lingering as the scent of mother's cotton nightdress
and the nighttime meadow songs through grass and twigs and moss.

remembering
all friends are still here
and near
set in silver and gold
and wreathed in clover chains.

xoxo
mimi

UmberDove said...

Gaspalitious! If that's what an outpouring of your love looks like in stone, well, GOOD LORD!

But truly, love the country, enjoy the city, and SMOOCH!