Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thank you

This week has unreal - I feel like I have relearned the gift of human kindness. From emails that shed a compassionate light on challenge, to rings that will become my 'Crest' I am blessed.
From generous trades for honeymoon threads to propeller leaves, I am undone in the best way.
What did I do to deserve you, my friends? What sky did you fall out of to lift a soul up so?
Thank you from the bottom of the heart you just made bigger.
I made things last night, one for me and one for you :)
This piece of turquoise has been waiting for me: I claimed it as my own when I bought it, and I knew I desperately wanted a pinkie ring, so happy marriage to meeee!

The balling is almost like little barnacles that cling to the side of the ring and even go slightly underneath the bezel cup: I plan on making tens of tiny silver balls like caviar for the next large ring that I will list in the shop.
The other ring is for you:

It's opal with scalloped bezel and 18k gold balls on the side, delicate and feminine.

I also made a gorgeous lichen turquoise necklace for a very important woman in my life, but I boxed it up with a card from Singing Tree ( http://www.singingtree.etsy.com )


If you love Love, you cannot help but be charmed deeply by her shop: Olia is the owner: tell her I sent you, as I feel it is my duty to spread the word about cards with pop-up bunnies holding hearts. I'd be lying if I said things like that didn't truly make the world a better place.

Lastly, Jane and Jones wanted to say 'hi' :) And they, too thank you for your sweetness in making their human-lady so very happy and hopeful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely kitties and lovely work, especially the pinky ring! What a great way to commemorate your wedding.

Anonymous said...

I am wildly in love with that opal ring. So lovely.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials, dear lady!