Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Sterlings

Thursday morning in the shop I've some things in sterling to show you, and some copper earrings to reveal to you tomorrow:
I am so excited about all of these pieces!

Back in February I took a hammer-forming class
in Pasadena, and I finally got around to using some of the techniques I picked up,
plus a few texturing ideas I'd had floating around the brain -
I am thrilled with the results!

Nooks, crannies, delicate forming and sweet Kingman Turquoise stone...
it reminds me of the seed pod casings strewn about my neighborhood;

something born, something revealed, possibility reigning.



Pretty sure this baby is a 6.25, will know for sure by Thursday, obviously!

Um, yes.



I just cannot even tell you how much work, love, sweat and silver there is in this piece,

How perfect and deep the maidenhair impression turned out:

the Agua Nueva looking quite like a Divine exclamation point
the hand-strung carved white stone beads....

You can even see the spores!
This one is a whopper: heavy, textured, rich
the stone pendant has a scalloped pierced back
and the way this looks on the body is
just
regal
and ethereal
like a very kind, compassionate queen.

lastly for the sterling pieces I made a tiny maidenhair pendant,
sterling silver
and 18k gold dot.

a sweet companion for a lovely neck.

Thursday morning, these pieces will find their way into

the


!!!

Love,
Allison

12 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

Wow, so that is what you were doing in Pasadena...so beautiful xoxo

Nialah said...

Oh wow. I just love all these pieces...Just WOW

Allisunny S. said...

MLJ: Indeed, hammering away :)

Michele: thank you, my dearest woman!

Sierra Keylin said...

"Um, yes"...Indeeeeeeed! This is ultra fabulous, beatiful work once again! Aloha!

Allisunny S. said...

Sierra! Thank you, lady: I had so much fun making these pieces :) xoxo

Naomi Mimi said...

oh how lovely these are ^_^ love love love as usual you wonderful understanding soul.

Allisunny S. said...

Mimi!

Can I just say again how proud I am of you, and how lovely it was to talk this weekend?

xoxox

Anonymous said...

♥♥♥
the necklaces
the ring
gorgeous
gorgeous
gorgeous

love and light

Cat said...

I am SO in love with the wee fern necklace! your work continues to bloom, well done my dear!

xo!

emilyclare said...

ooooh aaaah, such beautiful things always x

SilverLinesJewelry said...

They are wonderful!

Kelly said...

ooolala simply divine;)