Friday, October 14, 2011

Double Happiness Bird Belt with Jadeite Tone Chrysoprase

RESERVED

This One is a Tearjerker;
I finished it and cried.

There was something so tender and gentle about its finished self
that it ached my heart.
The chrysoprase so green and domed,
the birds so full of their own personality
the stitching measured by instinct and sewn while singing along to classic rock
the scalloped edges of lavender suede...

Flower rivets, hearts at the end of the belt where the loops are...

For those unfamiliar with my original half-belts, they are a strip of tooled leather with nickel rings at both ends, through which you can thread a
soft piece of hide or a vintage sarf
and make the piece into a waist cincher,
a guitar strap
a low slung hip-belt
or anything your heart can imagine.

I came up with the idea a few years ago because the women I design for come in all shapes and sizes, and this honors the differences and celebrates our curves,
however you see fit to sling this baby!!

From ring end to ring end this belt is 31 inches of pure joie de vivre, stitched
and riveted to last for centuries to come.

There has already been a wonderful woman who expressed interest in the belt,
and so I think it may be spoken for, but nothing is written in stone. When it is, I'll label this 'reserved' in red.

In the meantime, feel free to inquire.

It IS well.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Metal Shop update will happen late tonight, as I have a date with my yoga
mat and a delightful teacher.

Love,
Allison

1 comment:

mairedodd said...

every tiny detail so lovingly attended to... coming together with a song... how could you not feel so deeply moved? i am, and have not even laid hands upon it...
it is all well - 'it's all good' has become a mantra of mine lately...