Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fallen Flowers and Sentimental Daughters

My mother left yesterday; I drove her up to the airport after a lunch
of Burmese food and a failed attempt to secure a loaf of brioche bread for her travels.

I love the idea of sending loved ones off with something they can savor.
In the wake of her visit, I am sentimental
quiet
and slow to smile.

It never fails to happen, but this visit was like super-extra-wow special
for so many reasons, not the least of which being a wonderful time with the In-Loves
and the knowledge that our baby is a boy
(whose nickname is already Bubber - I'll share why later)

but the studio, as is the case most frequently, was a balm for me today.
The radio is set to KFOG
the tea refills itself
and the plants have all been watered and encouraged.

As the other two necklaces I previewed in their unfinished state seem to have been
snapped up already,
I have this offering:

A Fallen Labradorite Flower
with warm, curling copper petals
and a luminous labradorescent stone with fire in a trinity of colors:

cobalt blue
marigold
and a nearly green turquoise!

This piece balances perfectly, and is a wonderful option for everyday wear.

It wil be in the


this evening before I leave for yoga.

With love,
Allison

5 comments:

Cat said...



love and light

Sybil Ann said...

I love the idea of you listening to one of the last good stations - and one that I know. Wish there was one like it here - I'd sweep the floors...XO!

MrsLittleJeans said...

I love the tea that refills itself and the encouraged flowers, do you live in the magic kingdom? Congratualtions that your baby is a boy and I would say the same if it was a girl...xoxo

Allisunny S. said...

Cat: MUAH, kindred.

Sybil: Yeah!!!! I love KFOG - so glad you know their work, of course you do :) xoxox

MLJ: Indeed, it IS the magic kingdom!! ;) Sending adoration to you, Mona.

Gemheaven said...

*swoons at gorgeous setting for my fav stone!! Xx