Monday, April 25, 2011

Phase One, Completed!

Dim morning light makes it hard to capture such colors, but Nikki the Nikon and I did our best:
waking up to this instead of the cold, dim yellow (and don't get me wrong, I love yellow fiercely, but this color was lacking something very important...)
was just amazing.

My sense of relaxation and renewal was palpable!

It's kind of like being inside of a jadeite mug; the colors are not as saturated as the pictures make them out to be: it's far more gentle in person, but still packs a wallop of a punch!

I took a cue from Jessi (I am halfway done with EL&IC, love - you are a patient book-lender!)
and did a bit of rainbow reading stack action:
truth is that I wish to dip back into all of these books and so, perfect!

Today I am going to Home Depot to get hanging hooks for either side of the double window where I will then hang pothos plants and direct their growth along the walls.

Picture hanging afterwards
and then, a sigh of contentment:
we are renters, but we care deeply for this house
and wish to live in it for as long as we are staying-
I am no longer content to just 'exist' or 'bide my time' in a place just because its very nature is temporary:

one could say the same thing about a life.

Love,
Allison

5 comments:

Tasha Imajin said...

That headboard is gorgeous and oh, the color! It's so important to remember to LIVE even in a temporary space. My husband and I have painted almost all our rented walls and it makes such a difference in feeling like we're home. (We're trying to decide on a color for the office which is the sunniest room in the house...something similar to this is now in the running!)

MrsLittleJeans said...

inside a jadelite mug : )
I like it...it is you

xoxo

DalaHorse said...

Very Chrysoprase.....my most favorite gem...and used to speed the healing of any wound....
you did good!

Cat said...



colour is amazing
love and light

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Ladies,

MUAH!

My mom said it looks like a bordello from these pictures: she sure makes it known how she feels ;)

xoxox,
Allison