Thursday, September 8, 2011

Koi in Metal

EDIT: Wowsers, you delicious ladies: the response via convo has been wonderful: the piece will be a ring, an orphan ring, which means I will take a picture of the finished canvas of the ring with the stone set lightly in the bezel.
Once the ring has ben purchased, a custom-sized shank will be made in whatever size is requested by the buyer.
I will likely be listing the ring sometime next week:
I will keep you posted on this blog!
xo



I finally got fed up with my green stomach early this morning
and decided I would use my work to escape
not by wing, but by fin.

For as long as I could concentrate, I would hammer my way to comfort
moving fast and far from these waves
diving deep to where the stillness is

I found a stone to complete the sentence
looking for something with a flash
like a scaly beauty flicking its tail
to travel

Yes, spectrolite, yes.
You'll do nicely indeed.

Expect this beauty to become a special piece:
I am thinking either an orphan ring
or a necklace...

either way, keep your eyes
open for what she will become
in a little while.

oxo,
S

8 comments:

tattooedblogger said...

Beautiful mama...you've been quite busy lately...I love the picture of you and papa to be...you are glowing...I am really glad to see that your are making...and creating...an orphan ring...somthing dark spooky and flashy...you are so speaking my lauguage...may I call dibs?
Hope the heat excapes you ....Bliss

Allisunny S. said...

Hello, my dearest Lady!
I think I am going to wait and post this in the shop: there have been a number of interested convos.
I will certainly post details and times here on the blog, so be on the lookout, beautiful tattooed girl! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that stone! That fish!

And also, I like that you speak to your rocks. :)

Amy Nicole said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Utterly amazing. You rock!

Allisunny S. said...

Amy,

When I started Les was like, "just keep practicing" - I was sad about my work and sure that I'd never 'feel' it the way I feel leather, but you'll do stuff like this, too!
I picture all manner of shells and starfish flowing from your hands :)

xoxo,
A

Heather King said...

How Awesome!!!! That Koi and that stone and you!!!!!

Sybil Ann said...

This fishie likes yours!

loves!

MrsLittleJeans said...

Can't wait to see how this Koi is going to wrap around that phantasmic stone! xoxo