Friday, August 1, 2008

Ocean Jasper




While looking for something completely different ( Paintbrush Jasper, which creates plant-like rich landscape portraits as its cells form ) I stumbled upon this stone and promptly fell head over heels in love, procuring four cabs over the next few days with six more on the way.
There is just something about the orbs.... imagining how they formed, what an artistic hand mother nature takes in creating our world, and how they were only ever mined in Madagascar and are not continuing to be found, so they become rare collector stones as the years go by.
I put them on a hand-painted plate from my mother's china collection that she gave me in October, a tea set. I should use it. Beautiful things should not sit on shelves, rest invisible but for someone searching for a more serviceable bowl in the china hutch -- yes, they should be seen.

2 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

SO PURDY!
I have 2 of these coming to me as well (and have been dreaming of the possibilities!).

Omori Designs said...

I love ocean jasper too! Have you ever seen fossilized coral. If not you should check it out. It seenms like something you might like. :)