Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Accomplishment


This is the face of joy right now, complete with fresh clean wet hair and time to reflect on an amazing feat, though not amazing to some:
I finally took bootcamp this morning.

You see, I have been working at a Pilates/yoga/bootcamp/dance fusion studio for nearly ten months: I work Monday thru Thursday from 5 PM to 8PM. It's my link to the world: without the studio I would go through my days lonely. The women who are involved in the classes and the women who teach them are inspiring and good in every way a woman can be, and they have become such dear friends of mine.
I have learned that a job ( however small ) can be a joy if you find the little doorway we so often miss on our way to dissatisfaction. I have ample opportunity to take Pilates classes and I take all the chances I can get, yes I do!! Bootcamp, however, has been this far away dream as I am not a runner and I don't like sweating very much -- but after all these chances untaken I just had to try this morning.
It was awful: we ran forever and did abs for five minutes straight and lunges all the way down the street. I sweated in places I didn't know had glands!! My face was tomato red even for an hour afterwards!!!
Will I be back on Friday morning? You bet your sweet buns I will!!! And my buns will be incredibly sweet for doing so!

No comments: