Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Booty




A King's Ransom of turquoise and dyed Jade, but mostly turquoise - I have the need to make so many things out of it, but I hesitate because I don't want to see the size and scope of this gorgeousness reduced.
I have always had a terrible dread of using the last of the shampoo and conditioner in a bottle: something in my heart sinks a little when they're gone - it's really actually very silly, because I always have more waiting: flavors and colors that I couldn't wait to use when they were purchased...
It's just a quirk - ironically I am not a keeper of things: sentimental scraps of paper and such with some great exceptions: I look at it as this: I cannot take anything with me when I pass on, so why bother trying to fill my drawers with things I don't use or see as a thing of beauty?
And yet I will sit staring at a pile of stones as though heaven had descended into my workshop, unsure of how to let them become the pieces they came to me to be.

No comments: