Monday, September 15, 2008

One More Reason to love my Pop

My Poppy ( my Dad, we always called him Poppy ) is a quiet, blindingly intelligent man of tremendous dignity and gentle intensity. That he would so adorably pose while drinking from the cup I had laid out for my Mom to use ( she has a wicked sense of humor, but he sat in the place I had set for her and hence, drank from her intended mug ) is just too cute.


It reminds me of the time we bought him mugs for Christmas from our school-sponsored gift shop ( Moms gave their kids money to shop with a verrry limited supply of products to choose from ) and my sister and I bought him mugs that said, " World's best Fisherman" ( my father doesn't fish ) and various other things that couldn't have been further from who he was.

My parents left for China today after staying overnight with us, and for some reason I feel worried. Quietly worried.
I will keep myself very busy in the shop to still my mind: I have discovered engraving, and it feels so lovely.

No comments: