Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peacock Tail Southwest Necklace

Last night I set out on a journey to make a necklace I have been envisioning for days now, and I just couldn't seem to figure out how to do it, except to just go ahead and do it!

Being self-taught leaves so many questions unanswered and remembering all the melted metal of the first year of silversmithing makes me feel very cautious when trying new things.


All I want to do this week is set stones together!!! I got it in mind to make an upside down peacock tail and put it on a really good sterling chain to fashion one of those necklaces mothers pass down to daughters.


Here we have Gaspeite and Crow Springs Turquoise, both with really nice reddish matrix...
the combination of blue and green is really very refreshing.

In the Metal Shop later today!

9 comments:

westbyron said...

so, so gorgeous.

Liz said...

Oh, Oh, OH! - You figured it out beautifully!

Dave Schipper said...

cool

MJ said...

O.

M.

G!!!

This is gorgeous!

Well done and bravo, dear lady! Fantastic!

Kiki said...

What a special necklace! I love the way that you used different shades of turquoise to really engage the eye!

paperpocket said...

I saw the beautiful greens and they brought an instant smile to my face. It's the kind of thing my mum would have bought to pass on to me. I miss her so.

Thank you for being so wonderfully creative.

xoxo

Runs4fun said...

Wow...that's' stunning! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty.

AppaloosaMoon said...

...SPECTAC~U~LAR!!!