Saturday, September 4, 2010

Of all the Most Beautiful Living Things...

This morning I got up at 6:00 Am and drove the 60-some-odd miles to Downtown San Francisco to do one thing:
spend the morning with my girlfriend Natalie at the Ferry Building Farmer's Market.

I took home (organic, the whole lot!):

Rainbow beets
Sugar Snap Peas
tri-colored carrots
Poppy pods
Five varieties of Heirloom Tomatoes
Lavender Salt
Macaroons, French Style, from Miette
Ethically raised, free-range organic beef steaks (and I think I may work with the farm to get a hide and have it processed here in the Bay Area!!)
Seedless Flame Grapes

But really really I think the most beautiful living thing at the whole shebang was this woman:

She was standing waiting for someone, looking off into the distance with such grace and poise and I went over to her so nervously and told her she was so beautiful that I would love to take her picture.

Her 'yes' was a spring breeze, melodic and Chopin-lovely.

I will never, ever forget her
and for the life of me I will never be able to explain why.

She embodied something words fail to capture
so I will not try...

I will let her picture whisper those thousand words to you in 3/4 time.

Love,
Allison

5 comments:

Heather King said...

♥♥♥♥
What a beautiful lady she is!

Rosy Revolver said...

Gorgeous post, A. Gorgeous.

xoxoxo
j

Amy said...

I really, really love this.. SO lovely.

Runs4fun said...

Of all your finds---she is indeed beautiful...and you captured the essence of her perfectly! The life in her eyes, and her face-----well it is graced with the hint of stories to tell. Truly lovely Allison, and you are lovely to have noticed such beauty. Many would have missed it. xoxoHeath

kerin rose said...

she...is beauty.....

and you are too...
because you can see it....