Friday, August 19, 2011

The Last of the Lucky Strike on Hand

RESERVED

And when I say "On Hand", I mean it quite literally!

I finished a ring, long in coming, elegant in its simplicity
and bold in its stone choice:
this is Lucky Strike Agate at its finest and most rare,
a gem of Oregon.

With its million-year-old-healed-fracture beauty and frond-like moss,
this stone looks like a scene from the bottom of a deep lake, the light filtered through
tall waving grass, the colors otherwordly:

peach
sage green
deep red
eggplant
ebony
silt
coral


Befitting a queenly size 10.5 finger,
this ring can be reserved with a simple


to me in the Metal Shop.

If there are no reserves pending, I will list it tomorrow.


xoxoxox,
Allison

2 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

Lovely stone Allison---have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Gregarious Hermit said...

Alison, I love this piece! I wish it were my size!