Friday, August 26, 2011

A Lovely Visit

Today I had the pleasure of two visitors: my friend Amanda
and her baby Luke, both of whom I met on
the flight back from Minneapolis in early July.

We ate lunch on the living room floor,
Jones was a delightful presence - curious about the wee man, understandably scared of intimacy, a hovering, galloping tease.

There were a few books read, a lot of questions answered
and another woman's welcome understanding of where I stand:
so awfully seasick and yet very grateful to be so - what a combination!

Luke is a wiggly, squirming bold and charming little snippet of a boy-
so strange to think that when I first met him
I already unwittingly had a tiny little bundle of cells
splitting like mad!

"Are you sure you don't want to be moved to another section?", his Grandma asked me, thinking that he might be a less-than-gracious seatmate
but I just smiled and said, "Someday I hope to have one of my own: I am thrilled to stay right where I am."

So glad I meant it, so happy to know them!

xoxo,
Allisunny

2 comments:

Tasha Imajin said...

You are such a sweet dear! When you write like this, which seems like always, I want to jump through the computer and hug you. Your letter also came at the perfect time when I wanted to crumble into a ball of hormones and tears. I just adore you!

Allisunny S. said...

Oh, Tasha!!

Well, that's the best thing a letter can do :) I confess to re-reading yours and taking heart that we've got this magical bond states away - what a gift!

xo
A