Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Opal Feather

RESERVED

From a sea-bird, a gift from my dear friend Laurie Brown...

Ah, but the opal is one I cabbed myself from a preform: there is a rawness to it
that I cannot resist: there is a rich crag in the side where I decided not to keep going into the stone:
you can cut and polish an opal until you wear off its fire:
no way was I going to do that with one as rich and high-domed as this -
a bit of nature in the polish, I love that.

A few precious drops of Arizona turquoise and voila, a complete statement of
love and freedom.

RESERVED

In the works: a stunning Montana Agate Hammer-Engraved Wing.

Ooof, I get lost in that stone....


Both pieces (though one is still being made!) are available for reserve

with a simple


xoxox,
Allison


8 comments:

resolute twig said...

lovely work Sunny! I love that opal!! xo

Allisunny S. said...

Thank you, my dear Susie! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing!

Allisunny S. said...

Thank you, my Liz R.!!!

Nialah said...

So gorgeous, as is their creator.

xoxoxoxoxo

M

Lynsey Phelps - VerreEncore said...

beautiful stones and work!
i fear working with tones b/c i'd want to keep them all 0:) i can be a dragon about such objects... x

MrsLittleJeans said...

BEAUTIFUL xxoo

Lindsey said...

Totally beautiful! I hope someday I can snag a feather necklace!