Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Opals and Amber

In the Metal Shop this evening!

Amber and nearly the last of my coral (I will not be purchasing more - unless I find a farmed source)

Mexican fire opals with 14k gold dots, asymmetrical in the subtlest way and just too gorgeous to bear!
The smudge of solder under the gold on the earrings leftmost in the above picture means I am selling them for a song compared to what they'd have been perfect - my goof, your benefit!!


Lastly.... a simple opal ring. The gorgeous fire opal in the above picture was not particularly fiery in the pictures this evening, but rest assured: it is FLAMING with greens and reds
in a really big way.

The ring is a size 8 with a normal band.

To the shop I gooooooo!!!!

xoxoxoxox,
Allison

4 comments:

Emily said...

oooo, love the colors!

Allisunny S. said...

Emily, given your powerful and soul-affirming connection to color with your wonderful work, I am not surprised :)
And thank you :)

xoxoxoxox

Heather King said...

I'm in love with the opal ring :)

Brooke said...

That simple opal ring is AMAZING. Such a beautiful stone, and such a perfectly simple setting.