Sunday, January 25, 2009

Born of An Earthquake

Friday night there was an earthquake - a 3.4 with an epicenter 5 miles from our home. It was jarring and over soon. 
I dropped to my knees and tried to catch my breath - I had been soldering when it began and the panic that overtook me was so strong I was lucky to have had the instinct to turn off my Little torch.
I realized in that moment that I had better give myself a little break before I began anything again, so I spent the night doing other things, going to dinner, etc.
Yesterday I realized I had to make something so beloved that it would pull me out of my fear, so I used two of my favorite stones and made these.



They have calmed with their stories of ten million years of earth.

2 comments:

Dave Schipper said...

now that's scarey... you tell Anthony, move us to the Twin Cities... ;-)

Dave

kwpershey said...

I TOTALLY missed the earthquake!! I would have been panicking, too.

I think Thurs. works for me- I'll email you.

These are beautiful!