Saturday, January 31, 2009

The News in Leather

This is what I have been so excited over: in the course of the next few weeks I will be revealing a new line of leather bags and keychains and necklaces and pins in this:


LEOPARD PRINT!!!!
I am so excited. It is such hard work and requires many many woman hours, so the bag I am working on ( a clutch that is fully covered in fully-tooled and meticulously painted print ) will be mondo expensivo. Knowing these times we live in are different for many economically I am making small things, too so that everyone can enjoy the luxe-ness of it all.

I hope to get the clutch and a few other things listed later this afternoon in the Leather Shop.

In stone news, this is the most beautiful thing I have ever beheld that came from the earth besides mountains and oceans:





It is a drusy from AZ and I suspect the blue comes from blue chalcite. It is HUGE and so valuable that I don't even know if I can sell it in a piece of jewelry. The weight is also incredible: I opened the box it came in and sat transfixed. What treasures the earth holds!

May today be a treasure for you all!

1 comment:

Dave Schipper said...

Good lady... you've got to get this group to cover your "So Much Grace".... today I was working on getting the Parkington Sisters to cover it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyc3OKKRibs