Friday, January 23, 2009

Mixed Media



Since so much of my thought revolves around leather ( even in this period of letting that field lay a bit more fallow! ) I decided that in the painting my thought bubbles will be the very images that find their way onto so many of my pieces.

This makes the painting mixed media, which is surprising as I expected it would be paint only. I love when the unexpected makes its way unguided into the mind.

Today is Anthony's birthday and to celebrate we are going to a new and exciting south-of-the-border restaurant in Culver City called Gloria's - it's only new and exciting to us as it is quite the long-standing neighborhood staple.

33 years ago he arrived on this earth and I could not be more grateful for my Schmilly!! 

May you all have a joyful and wonder-filled weekend, friends!

1 comment:

The Noisy Plume said...

Happy Birthdays Mister Schmilly!!!!!
I hope 33 is good to you!
XO