Wednesday, November 3, 2010

State of Affairs

A finished custom order in the Studio

The most INSANELY beautiful fall evening light filtering through the front windows of our bungalow (could you JUST???)

A Bean in my chair


Three keychains-to-be on my bench, to be listed on Friday:



there are so many things in both of my stores that are pricey, with good reason:

Leather, when tooled, take as a huge amount of time, hence the cost.

Silver and stones are crazy expensive, so there's that...

BUT art needs to be affordable, too - and so, expect pieces in both shops that

won't break the bank in the coming weeks

.
.
.

This makes me happy :)

How is your day?

Love,
Allison

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...that purse is crazy gorgeous!
One day soon I hope to be the owner of one of your wonderful Magnolia cuffs...my b-day is coming up next month, a good time to buy myself something special me thinks! ; )
A gorgeous day up here in B.C. too..cool crisp autumn air with the sun beaming down...perfect!

ps Don't apologize for the cost of your goods...your art is worthless!!! : )

love and light

Michele said...

I completely agree ... that purse is fantastic!

Pricing must be very, very difficult. I don't envy artists. You must account for both the costs of materials and the value of both your time and skill. Please know that there are many of us who do value both. I don't even bother looking in mall jewelry stores any more since I would much rather spend my money on a handcrafted silver piece.

Have you ever made coin purses? Or small clutches with wrist straps? I may have to watch for a custom order before Christmas. (Not so subtle hint!)

Nialah said...

Thank you dear Allison. I hope you're having a great week.

As for the price of your pieces of art, I know everything I buy from you is worth every penny and then some.

xoxoxoxo

M

Cat said...

You made me holler out loud with that bag! Abso-tu-tely wonderful!

And I think your prices are good and fair.

xoxox

Anonymous said...

*Gaping at beautiful bag*

Tasha Imajin said...

I love key chains in general and these remind me of one my mom used to carry when I was a kid.

I can't wait to see what they look like once completed! I want one! <3