Monday, August 31, 2009

I Have Been Holding Out on You Guys....

Let me be frank: lately I have been dealing with a monster. Not the kind of monster you'd think....
.
.
.

the best kind of monster, encapsulated in stone. 
Through the course of our time together I have discovered him to be a fear monster with the face of a trout and the soul of an angel.....


He eats fear. He belongs to someone very specific, and the time has come to set him in silver and let him out into the world to do his very good, necessary work of protecting and digesting.

The stone, by the way, is called Tuxedo Agate and wowee does it make some gorgeous patterns!






Aside from making a monster, I also made some lovely, colorful and soulful pieces for you over the last four days with all my heart in them:






An L.A. Necklace with gorgeous very dendritic mookaite, Crow Springs Turquoise and a whisper light piece of sterling with yellow Brazilian Jade and a Boundary Necklace with little monochrome coral rainbows.

These pieces will be in the Metal Shop a little later this evening!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're really on a roll. Those pieces are gorgeous. Love the monster stone and the way you've set it, especially the dangly silver bits.

Runs4fun said...

needed that monster eater when i was wee...to gobble up the boogey-monster in our basement...that my brother claimed ate small blonde girls...at ALL times of day. LOVE the L.A. necklace! eye-popper!

dailycoyote said...

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! So gorgeous and free, each one!
xo S.

Michelle said...

The fear monster is FANTASTIC.

AppaloosaMoon said...

...reallyREALLYreallyREALLYreallyLOVELY...& that LA Necklace...which takes my breath away...is going to make one lucky soul VERY HAPPy tonight!!!

Kiki said...

I'm a big time necklace lover, so this post is pure candy for me! The first stone is so incredible; to think that nature even took the time to create two perfect little eyes! The shadowy effect of oxidation compliments the stone wonderfully.
The second piece is such an exciting combination of distinct stones. I also love the way that you cut the metal. It’s a piece that you just want to touch!

Good Girls Studio said...

Fear eater rocks my socks off!