Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset



Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears
                -- Fiddler On the Roof



Every sunrise is also a sunset, and this is what gives life both its bitter and its sweet.
There is no separating the joys and sorrows we experience into black and white:
it is more like technicolor, a stunning display we cannot imagine ourselves without.

This necklace includes an incredibly high-quality cabochon of Queensland Agate in true sunshine shades of cherry orange, deep sunflower and cream.
It has a little companion sun (with little sun rays!) whose center is a lovely oval of Brazilian Jade with natural yellow color.

This necklace honors the amazing dance of life: sunrises, sunsets, hello and goodbye.


With one of the last little vintage Japanese cherry blossom cabochons, I made a necklace to be a sweet treat:

While I made and finished pieces in the process of being made (Sunrise, Sunset) and created new pieces my Mama sat in the big comfy studio chair and read her beloved newspaper,
peppering me with questions such as, "Do you believe in God?"

and statements such as, "That Beyonce is a class act!"

I am so going to miss her when she flies away on Thursday night!!

These two pieces will be in the Metal Shop later tonight: we have a date with the ice cream parlor and we're on our way out the door!

6 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

I won't be able to get that song out of my head for days :) It's one of my favorite musicals! The necklaces are lovely as usual !

Anonymous said...

You have nice things to say about happiness and sorrow. You always make me feel that feelings aren't something to be struggled against but rather accepted and seen for their temporary selves. Thank you. :)

And . . . beautiful necklaces!

Allisunny S. said...

Good Girls: I am sorry - I hate/love when songs get stuck in mine :)

Liz R. - It's taken a lot of struggle to get to accept them :) It's really nice to think of them as waves on an ocean: it's incredibly still just below the surface! :) xoxoxoxox

Dave Schipper said...

wonderful again... so are you playing any music, writing passions into lyrics, kissing any harmonies?

Dave

Allisunny S. said...

Dave,

I've got four dates coming up in Southern California for late October:
doing a lot of work on some new songs :)
Don't think I'm not singing, my friend!

xoxox,
A

susie said...

Love that song, LOVE the stone and the chain- I can feel the weight of that piece just looking at it.