Monday, March 9, 2009

Drooling

Stones make me salivate. I have spent the vast majority of the last two months dreaming of them: interestingly enough I have never wanted to dig in and find out how they're formed (I wouldn't be opposed to learning per se) because it's kind of like a symphony: before I knew what the instruments were as a child I was mesmerized by the rush of sound and tenderness...
later when I learned what each instrument was and went into orchestra as a clarinet player the magic somehow changed. Became sober.
So I am letting stones be my childhood symphony, my 'Scheherazade'.
There are three rings and a necklace going into the silver shop today: one is a custom (the mookaite triangle) and three are for hire to uplift your spirits and add magic to your days.


I have included two peacock feather items, a Chinese turquoise ring in size 6 and a labradorite
 necklace... I could not have ever imagined the response to this shape would be so immediate.

I hope today is refreshing and lovely for all of you, my long distance friends!

8 comments:

MJ said...

Gah! I'm away from my desk until 3:30! The curse of an office job. Fingers crossed you don't post these luscious baubles until then! xo. They're gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

that necklace is amazing!!!
the labradorite so perfect for a peacock feather ~
xo S

Anonymous said...

Jewelry makes me salivate. Don't they look so pretty all lined up together?

Good Girls Studio said...

loving the feather rings!

CrashingBison said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your feather styles!!! :D

Kim said...

I agree that the labradorite is perfect for the peacock feather. And very happy for you to see that it sold (as well as all the others)! :) I'm loving the peacock feather style as well.

The Noisy Plume said...

EEK!
Love these!

FF said...

I just stumbled across some lines in "The Conference of Birds" that made me think of your post:

"...My one desire
Is jewels; I pick through quarries for their fire.
They kindle in my heart and answering blaze."