Friday, March 27, 2009

Lovely New Friend



Just in time for our move a gorgeous hummingbird has decided to build her nest outside of our bedroom window against the yellow wall of our neighboring apartment complex. Her nest has been growing steadily day by day and her gorgeous green body carries her over to our window every fifteen minutes or so when she is searching for more fluff for her little home.

Anthony and I are thrilled by her and charmed to be able to watch the sweet nest grow as we pack up to move our own: it is evidence of change and the seasons turning in their time, as always: the constants.
Two furry creatures in our house are driven mad by it!!!


What you cannot see in the picture above is the tail: Thwap thwap thwappity thwayp!!!

6 comments:

susie said...

I thought I thaw a puddy tat.

Good luck with your impending move to your new nest.

Liz said...

Thank you for sharing - I see lots of hummers but have never seen them build a nest...or be still!

I'm familiar with cat tail thwapping though :) !

Best, best wishes for an easy move - they are never easy, I know.

Elaine said...

Don't you love it when the kitties and birdies make friends?

And good luck with your move!

Allisunny S. said...

Susie - You did, you did see a Puddy Tat!

Ann, I never thought I'd ever have the pleasure of seeing a still hummingbird, either :)

Elaine, I have a feeling Jones would end the friendship very quickly ;)

Unknown said...

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing. I used to have a feeder that they could sit on and it was so neat to see them actually rest.

The Noisy Plume said...

OH MY GOSH!
This is so lovely!
I want a hummer outside my window...