Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Butter!!

Would you look at this wall?

A veritable wonderland of decals and painting and we got to play in front of it, at Butter in Minneapolis.
We surprised Julie by playing 'The Ballad of Love and Hate' by the Avett Brothers, which is one of her favorite songs.
It was a lovely crowd and we made some gas money and had delicious caramel apple cupcakes!
Yummmmm....

My sister did my hair (I am human againnnn!) and I wore a plaid strapless party dress. We shook off some of our road weariness today and had lots of good food and caught up on emails and phone calls and simple things like shaving...
It's amazing how small comforts add up to big luxuries when you're traveling and living out of bags. 
Luxuries are big bottles of Redken shampoo and conditioner and a full, solid night's sleep...

I love my sister. Have I mentioned that?
Seeing her refills a well that is too often empty...
Tomorrow we go get a big breakfast and then the road beckons on to Holmen, Wisconsin.

Seeeester, if you're reading this, I miss you already.

You

are

my 

Heart.

1 comment:

Dave Schipper said...

Holmen,... where the hell is that... HA... just north of LaCrosse Wisconsin... God's country...

Can't wait to see you Allison, Matt, and Phil.

David, Lori & Dustin.