Saturday, May 30, 2009

Columbus and Confusion




So.

We arrive at Vic's in Columbus to a bartender who basically says, "Who the F are you?"

A Bar owner who pretty much says the same thing

And a booking agent unable to be reached.
 
We actually heard the phone conversation firsthand: "Some girl is here saying that she is supposed to play...."

Needless to say we were freaking out a bit and trying not to get belligerent - we are tired to the bone and need some tenderness, you know?

After a rough start the night really did improve by leaps and bounds and ended on a sweet note, hearing the boys downstairs talking and laughing with our hosts (friends of Phil) as I drifted off to sleep.

A high point? My friend Micah from college came from Kentucky with his lovely and pregnant wife and an amazing guitar player to pick a few tunes during our solo sets.
I love this boy.



I awoke this morning to a few challenges: I am sick with a cold and our lovely hosts' dog Frankie had eaten my contact case: there was a knife involved in getting it open: needless to say I was a wee worried, but my little blue globes of sight were safe.

Besides, can you be mad at a face like this?

I certainly hope not!!!


Beatrix

Forgiving Frankie 

One more week, y'all. I cannot believe things have gone this fast, but it feels like forever since I have seen my loving husband.... if you see him will you hug him for me?
He's the only thing missing from these amazing slices of life we have been eating.

2 comments:

Two B's said...

Whew...what an adventure. Thanks for keeping us all up to date, the photos are great!

Aisha said...

I wish I could've been there to cheer you guys on; Columbus is an hour and a half north of my house, but I'd promised my guy that I'd make it up to Cleveland-area this weekend.